Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro is a mid-range segment device that delivers flawless performance. With a high-resolution camera and a pop-up selfie lens, a person may enjoy outstanding photography. In terms of performance, the combination of internal hardware and software built to meet modern demands is incredibly strong. Plus, the battery power is sufficient to take care of the daily needs. Although this device can be extremely hot when it is highly consumed.
Design & Display
The Redmi Note 8 Pro is built on the Waterdrop Notch design, which has a screen-to-body ratio of 91.4 percent. This phone supports 6.53-inch FullHD + display with 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution. The rear camera setup on the back panel of the phone is present in the vertical shape in the middle.
While the three camera sensors and the fingerprint sensor are in the same line, the flash light and macro sensor are present on the right side of this setup. At the same time, both front and back panels of Xiaomi Note 8 Pro have been protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 to protect the phone.
64 MP camera
Redmi Note 8 Pro has a 64-megapixel Samsung GW1 sensor. The GW1 sensor uses pixel-to-pixel barrier using ISOCELL technology that improves color reproduction by reducing the light between pixels. This 64-megapixel sensor (9248 × 6936) provides a photo resolution with pixel resolution. Not only this, slow-motion video can also be shot at 480-frames per second speed with this sensor.
Talking about photography segment, the phone has an 8 megapixel ultra wide angle with F / 2.2 aperture with 64 megapixel primary sensor, which works at 120 degree wide angle. Along with this, Xiaomi Note 8 Pro has a 2 megapixel ultra macro lens and a 2 megapixel depth sensor. This smartphone supports 10x digital zoom. For the selfie, the Xiaomi Note 8 Pro has a 20-megapixel front camera with F / 2.0 aperture.
OS and processor
Redmi Note 8 Pro has been launched on Android 9 Pie based MUI 10. For processing, this phone has been given MediaTek’s new chipset Helio G90T with Octaur processor. For graphics, Redmi Note 8 Pro supports Mali G76 MC4 GPU. While the ‘Turbo’ is present to make the phone’s processing smooth, Note 8 Pro has been equipped with Game Turbo 2.0 technology to keep the performance fast during gaming.
Connectivity and Battery
Redmi Note 8 Pro is a dual SIM phone that supports 4G VoLTE. IR blaster, Bluetooth, dual SIM, dual 4G, WiFi and USB type C are also provided with 3.5mm jack in the phone. At the same time, the major feature of Redmi Note 8 Pro is the Alexa support present in the phone, through which the smart devices can be controlled from the phone itself. At the same time, for power backup Note 8 Pro supports 4500 mAh strong battery with 18 watt fast charging.
Redmi Note 8 Pro specifications:
- Display: 6.53 inch IPS LCD display with 1080X2340 pixel resolution, corning gorilla glass 5
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G70T Octa-core CPU, Mali-G76 MC4 GPU
- Memory: 6GB RAM / 64GB/128GB ROM USF 2.1 (Dedicated MicroSD card slot)
- Rear camera: 64MP(Main)+8MP(Ultrawide)+2MP(Macro)+2MP(depth) Quad-rear camera
- Front camera: 20MP f/2.0 single camera
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie (Upgradable to Android v10.0)
- Connectivity: Dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, Dual-SIM, 4G LTE, USB Type-C
- Sensors: Fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery: 4500mAh battery with 18W fast charging support
- Price: Rs.26,999.00 (6+64GB) | Rs.29,999.00 (6+128GB)
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro is a mid-range segment device that delivers flawless performance. With a high-resolution camera and a pop-up selfie lens, a person may enjoy outstanding photography.
- Fantastic performer
- Solid camera capabilities
- Impressive battery backup
- HDR-capable display
- MIUI 10 is riddled with bloatware and ads
- Weighs on the higher side
- Not the fastest charging in its segment